BitCake Exporter - a Game Animation plugin for Maya
A downloadable MEL Script
BitCake Game Animation Exporter is a tool designed to improve the life of your Maya Animator and your Programmers by automating a lot of tedious small tasks that eat up a lot of time that could've been better used elsewhere. Yeah, that's right, we take care of the boring stuff so you can keep animating!
This is a generic Maya tool that works with all versions of Maya (it's a MEL script now) and any engine that supports .fbx files. (Don't try to use it on RPG Maker)
BitCake Game Animation Exporter will
- Import all your references
- Clear all the namespaces
- Bake all Joints AND Mesh animations (visibility animation only for meshes)
- Delete all control curves
- Save the cleaned file with a _baked suffix
- Save both the File Name and Export Directory for the resulting .fbx in the animation's .ma (This right here is worth the price alone if I may say!)
Serve you some coffee and do foot massages(still in development)
You can also...
- Choose to either bake the entire selected timeline or just a section (start and end frames)
- You can Ignore baking animation on joints with a certain Tag
- You can Delete entire joint chains with a certain Tag
- You can choose to export All Meshes, No Meshes (animation data on joints only), Just Skinned Meshes, Everything Except Skinned Meshes.
BitCake Exporter is the tool you never knew you wanted!
Because we love you all so much and we hate when things do not get explained, we've made some tutorial videos on how to use this tool! Oh and btw, this video was made using real-world assets of our next game: DeMagnete! Se we'll trust you don't go around leaking it to Kotaku!
How to Install:
How to use the basic functions of the plugin:
Using the Timeline Options and the Ignore Bake on Joints feature:
Exporting Mesh options and Deleting Joints:
--- Changelog ---
- First Release
- Minor bug corrections
- Properly added Blendshapes Support (previously it only worked with the "Export All Meshes" options)
- Fixed bugs that would result in an empty export file when using certain combination of options.
In order to download this MEL Script you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.